Owners of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) can now enjoy the latest Lollipop features on their handset, thanks to the release of the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) based Android 5.1.1 TeamUB ROM.
The TeamUB custom ROM is reportedly very stable, and brings a host of amazing features with cool optimisations for a fast and smooth Android UI experience.
Some of the key features ported into the Android 5.1.1 TeamUB ROM include AOKP system animations, network traffic indicator and more. The ROM can be flashed via any custom recovery tool such as CWM or TWRP recovery.
Android 5.1.1 TeamUB Custom ROM Features
- OTA updates
- Centre clock
- Battery percent in the status bar
- Network traffic indicator
- Date settings
- Listview animations
- AOKP System animations
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Quick settings Customization
- Heads up notifications
- Proximity speaker
- Performance settings
- Network Traffic
- App circle sidebar
- Clock fonts
- Battery styles
- Wakelock blocker
- DSLV controller
- Statusbar ticker
- Apps to SD
- Nav Bar height
- Status bar double tap to sleep
- Custom notification lights
- Recent Panel settings
- Privacy options
- Fluid interface
- Best battery improvements
- All latest CM commits
Interested users can go ahead and install the latest Lollipop based TeamUB ROM on their Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by following our step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for the international model of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers)
- Enable USB Debugging mode via Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0 or above) or Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier)
- Ensure that the device is rooted with CWM recovery installed and its bootloader is unlocked
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via TeamUB ROMon Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Step 1 - Download TeamUB Android 5.0 custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded TeamUB ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Now boot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume up, Home and Power buttons on your phone.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters into CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use the Volume keys to navigate between options and the Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
Step 8 - Now perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to the 'advanced' option and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. This will help in preventing boot loop issues or any boot ROM related errors during firmware installation.
Step 9 - Then return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
Step 10 - Now click Choose Zip from SD card. Use volume keys to navigate to the TeamUB ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation process will begin.
Note: Repeat Step 9 and Step 10 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
Step 11 - Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 is now running the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via TeamUB ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
Check out the TeamUB Lollipop ROM in action, in the demo video below: