Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with base firmware XXAMA1 for Galaxy Premier with model number I9260. The Jelly Bean update is rolled out to the users in Russia and is compatible with a number of countries.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Galaxy Premier can be updated with the latest XXAMA1 Jelly Bean built via OTA as well as Samsung Kies. In case the users fail to update their devices with the official procedures, they may follow the guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices since the Android 4.1.2 XXAMA1 Jelly Bean is compatible only with Galaxy Premier with model number I9260, installing this firmware on other variants may brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Galaxy Premier on the computer.
2) Enable ISB Debugging mode.
3) Create back-up for all important data.
4) The battery inside Galaxy Premier should carry more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The device will lose custom ROMs with the installation of official firmware which will replace the custom ROM.
6) Extract downloaded archive once only. If the extracted zip does not contain any Modem, CSC or pit filetaht means those files are not required.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXAMA1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Premier I9260
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXAMA1 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Premier to the computer. Extract the download firmware zip file to get a .tar file with other files
2) Download Odin 3.07. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07 along with other files
3) Switch off the phone and place it into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the phone's screen. Wait for a few seconds and the phone will be in Download mode soon
4) Run Odin3 v3.07.exe on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. A message saying Added will appear on under Odin's message box. If the device is successfully connected to the computer, COM port with a number in yellow will also appear on the screen
[Note: If the Added message does not come, try another USB port (try the USB port located at the back side of the desktop). In case that does not work too, then reinstall the driver.]
6) Now select the files, extracted from the XXAMA1 folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select the file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, ensure Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If a .pit file is being used, verify that Re-Partition checkbox is selected
8) Finally click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
9) Once the installation is completed, the phone will automatically reboot. And soon a Pass message with green background in the extreme left box at the top of the Odin will appear. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Note: If the Galaxy Premier gets stuck at booting animation (after step-9) then navigate to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/ Factory Reset. And then select 'Reboot System now' in order to reboot the device.
The Galaxy Premier with model number I9260 should be now updated with Android 4.1.2 XXAMA1 Jelly Bean firmware. Browse Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Android Jinn]