The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini gets an official firmware Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) XXALK9 update. The update can be accessed via Samsung Kies or manual installation.
Users who are interested in updating the device manually may do so by following this tutorial. This is an official Jelly Bean build, which means your device will lose root after installing the update. Before proceeding, ensure the device has all the necessary USB drivers installed.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
To Install I8190XXALK9 official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- Download Android 4.1.1 I8190XXALK9 to the PC and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch the device off and boot the device in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until Android robot and a triangle appears and then press Power button to confirm entry to Download mode)
- Open Odin and connect the device to PC in the Download mode
- If the device is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes turns yellow
- Choose the files that you have to flash on the device
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on the Start button. Installation will now begin
- After installation, the device will restart automatically. Once the Home screen, appears disconnect the device from PC
You have installed the Android 4.1.1 build XXALK9 firmware on Galaxy S3 Mini
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]