With the release of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), HTC's Sensation has already received AOKP and CM10 ROMS. Now MIUI ROM has arrived on Sensation, thanks to efforts of a developer at xda forum. Plenty of things seem to be working such as Wi-Fi, camera, audio, calls, data, USB, charging, root, voice input, video playback and Bluetooth. The only issue the developer has reported is the device's front camera. XDA recognised contributor known as smokin901 has ported the MIUI ROM based on Jelly Bean on HTC Sensation.
The Sensation went on sale in May 2011 just after a month of its announcement. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset with a 1.2GHz Scorpion dual-core processor. It is an unofficial ROM which might have bugs.
Take a look at the steps to install MIUI ROM on HTC Sensation. IBTimes UK warns readers there is risk of data damage and advises users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: The ROM is compatible only with the HTC Sensation, and not advised to try this method on any other device. The method involves wiping of data from the device and it is users should make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Please note that the device should have S-Off and its bootloader has to be unlocked. Finally, make sure that the device has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in it.
- Download the latest ROM from here and copy the file to the device's SD card
- Switch off the device and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. From HBOOT menu, press Volume Down to choose Recovery option and then press Power button to enable it
- Perform a Nandroid back-up of your current ROM by heading to Backup and Restore > Backup
- Go back to main recovery menu after making the back-up. Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation.
- Choose Install Zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it and then choose "Yes" to confirm installation. ROM will begin installing
- Choose go back and then select reboot system now in order to reboot the device into MIUI ROM.
MIUI ROM, based on Jelly Bean is installed on your HTC Sensation.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]