The official Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update recently arrived on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with the firmware version 10.4.2.13. Based on the same firmware, a custom ROM has been made available for Transformer Pad TF300T users in order to overclock the processor up to 1.5GHz, courtesy of XDA recognised contributor known as surdu_petru.
The developer notes that the release is stable and can be used as daily ROM. The ROM is reported to feature the latest boot animation, tweak database with sqlite3, reboot menu, changed icon in settings, custom launcher 2 and more.
Overclocking the processor could put your device at risk since the ROM will make the processor run at higher frequencies that will exceed the officially tested default frequency. Hence, users are advised to overclock the device only when required.
IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences. Check out the guide below to install the Jelly Bean overclock edition V01 based on latest official firmware 10.4.2.13 on your Transformer Pad TF300T.
- The method below will wipe away all the data on your device. Hence, users are advised to make a back-up of all your data including the APN settings
- Make sure you have installed the official Jelly Bean firmware that was recently released by Asus
- Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your device. To do so, head to Asus Support page and choose Android in the OS drop down menu. Choose Utilities and then download and copy the Unlock Device App to your device. On installing it, use the App to unlock the bootloader.
- Finally, make sure that the TWRP recovery is already installed on your tablet, since the ROM will not work on ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery
How to install the Jelly Bean overclock edition V01 ROM on your Transformer Pad TF300T:
- Download the ROM from official thread at XDA Developers' forum
- Extract the downloaded zip file using 7-zip. You will now get a file named overclock.zip.
- Copy the zip file to the device's internal storage
- Boot the tablet into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off the device and hold Volume Down and Power keys until you see a message on screen which says, "Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)". Press the Volume button to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap on Backup and then slide a blue circle button in order to start the backup of your existing ROM. After backup process, go back to main menu
- Tap on Wipe and then tap on Factory reset to wipe away the data. [Doing so will not format the internal or external storage]
- Choose Install, select the overclock.zip file and then confirm the installation
- After installation, choose Reboot system to reboot the device and boot into the ROM
- Install an app such as No-frills CPU Control or Quick CPU Overclock Lite for overclocking the device. Also, use the same to set the overclock frequency to 1.5GHz
Your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is running the overclock edition V01 ROM, based on latest official Jelly Bean firmware.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]