Arsenal's hopes of signing Brazilian international target Bernardhave been boost after the player's agent revealed he has played his last game for Atletico Mineiro
The 20-year-old featured in Mineiro's historic first ever Copa Libertadores success on Wednesday as the Brazilian club overturned a 2-0 defeat in the first leg of the contest against Paraguayan outfit Olympia to lift the trophy after winning a penalty shootout.
Bernard set up the Belo Horizonte club's equaliser on the way to his side's success, and comments made by his agent Adriano Spadoto on Twitter suggests last night's contribution may have been his last ahead of a move to Europe.
"Congratulations, Bernard. Double-winner" Confederations Cup, Libertadores... the perfect farewell," Bernard's representative posted last night.
The diminutive attacking midfielder has been closely linked with a move to Arsenal in addition to neighbours Tottenham Hotspur, with reports last week suggesting the player was set to complete a medical with the Gunners.
Both Porto and Borussia Dortmund have been credited with interest in a move with a move for Bernard, who was less forthcoming with details regarding his immediate future. The 20-year-old insisted any decision on his next move is out of his hands, but did indicate he has completed all of his goals with the Brazilian club.
"I do not know what will happen to me starting tomorrow," Bernard said following last night's game. "If I stay or not, I have made it clear that I wanted to leave here with a big title, so I have fulfilled my goal, which I promised to fulfil.
"It is up to God to decide if I stay or not, it's up to God and also the presidency, to Alexandre Kalil, to the board."
Bernard has been reluctant to discuss his future during the build-up to the Copa Libertadores, playing down talk of his reported medical with Arsenal last week.
"I don't want to talk about this in a week as important as this one," the attacker said.
"I don't know what will happen after the game. My future at Atletico Mineiro will be in the board's hands from Thursday onwards."