Recently, a flurry of toolkits has popped up on the XDA Developers forum, thanks to rising demand from smartphone users. These toolkits integrate multiple features into a single frame, making them both powerful and helpful, particularly for novice users. In fact, smartphone users with little knowledge about rooting could still gain root access, flash a custom recovery or even unroot a device, thanks to the simple but powerful All-In-One (AIO) toolkits with Graphical User Interface (GUI).
Once rooted, the device is capable of installing third-party applications and tweaks and the latest smartphone to benefit from this is the HTC One X, thanks to the efforts of XDA senior member - thunder07.
The One X AIO toolkit features a range of common yet useful modules based on each version upgrade, as follows:
- Flash Kernels & Modules
- Flash Recoveries
- Reboot The Phone
- Reboot Into Recovery/Bootloader
- Kernel Repack - Phone on Android with USB Debug Enabled - No Need For The Recovery
- MultiKernel Repack
- Repacked output Format Kernel.Ramdisk.IMG
- One Click Root
- Reworked Module Flasher
- Decreased/Removed some delays
- Fixed Faux Module Unzipping Problem
- Added RUU Zip Flashing Ability - For Advanced Users
The One X toolkit supports regular functions such as one-click root and flash recoveries, besides adding advanced features like kernel and module flashing, as well as RUU zip flashing capability. The toolkit also adds bug-fixes for Module Unzipping Problem.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- CWM Recovery (Other recovery tools are still untested) - to perform rooting with CWM recovery follow the instructions given here.
- USB Debug Enabled (Select Settings > Developers Tools > USB Debug)
- Download .Net Framwork 3.5 here (Need to reinstall this if you get .NET Framework Initialisation Error)
- Download HTC AIO Toolkit here
Perform a Nandroid backup to avoid data loss before proceeding to the One-Click rooting procedure for your device. Some of the actions with the tool would require Recovery.IMG, which can be downloaded from here.
For assistance on unlocking the bootloader on your HTC One X device, check out the video below:
How to Use All-In-One Toolkit for One-Click Rooting and Flash Recovery
- Connect smartphone to PC via an USB Cable. Smartphone can be in any mode - Android (with USB Debug) or Recovery or Bootloader. It should, preferably though, be in the Operating System (OS) or Recovery mode
- Choose option you want, e.g. Flash Kernel
- Select option that shows up - The Kernel and its Modules.
- Choose what to do on completion
- Click Perform Action and wait until the process completes
For further assistance and information head over to the official XDA Developers forum thread.