HTC One X owners can now update their smartphone to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the new Slim Bean ROM.
Check out step-by-step instructions to install Slim Bean ROM on HTC One X. IBTimes UK cautions readers to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- The method below is compatible only with HTC One X. Before proceeding with the installation users are advised to make a backup of all data including APN settings.
- Unlock the bootloader on One X
- Install the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery
- Download and install HTC Sync software on your PC [Skip this step if you have already installed HTC Sync]
How to install Slim Bean ROM on HTC One X:
- Download the ROM from here [Download the file which has endeavour in its file name]
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy both downloaded files to the SD card
- Download the Flash_Boot.zip file from here in order to flash the kernel on One X
- Extract the Flash_Boot.zip file to any desired location on your PC
- Open the zip file downloaded in step 1 on PC and then extract the boot.img file. Copy the file to the folder where you extracted the Flash_Boot.zip file
- Turn off the phone and boot into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down key while powering the phone. Now, choose FASTBOOT to enter fastboot mode
- Connect the One X to PC. Now, navigate to the folder where you extracted the Flash_Boot.zip file in step 5. In order to flash the kernel, you have to double-click on flash-boot-windows.bat file
- After flashing, the window that popped up will close by itself. Instead, it may show up an OKAY or finished message. In such case, you can just close it manually
- Choose BOOTLOADER/HBOOT using the Power key and then navigate to Recovery option to boot into CWM recovery
- Choose Wipe data/ Factory reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm wiping.
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to and select the ROM file. Tap on "Yes" to confirm installation
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard again and then choose gapps file to install Google Apps package
- Choose go back and then choose reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into Slim Bean ROM
Slim Bean ROM is now installed on your HTC One X.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]