The Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos can now be updated to XXLI1 Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) official firmware. This firmware can be accessed via Samsung Kies software or a manual installation. To install the file manually, follow this tutorial.
- PDA: S6802XXLI1
- CSC: S68020XXLI1
- Version: 2.3.6
IBTimes UK cautions users this is an official Gingerbread update for the Galaxy Ace Duos, which means the device will lose root once the update is installed.
- Ensure USB drivers are installed
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install Android 2.3.6 XXLI1 on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
- Turn device off and enter Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle appears)
- Open Odin in computer and connect device while in Download Mode
- If the device has been connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number
- Choose files to be flashed on the device. The files have to obtained from the extracted files in the first step
- Click on PDA and choose CODE
- Click on Phone and choose MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click on Start button in Odin. Installation will begin
- After installation, the device will restart. Unplug device from computer only after Home screen appears
The Galaxy Ace Duos has now been updated to XXLI1 Gingerbread firmware. To verify device's build number, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]