Khloe and Lamar
Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom's divorce was called off on 21 October 2015 by a judge in Los Angeles FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/GettyImages

Lamar Odom may be out of the woods following his coma, but the former NBA star's problems are far from over. The owner of the brothel where he collapsed after four days of partying, is threatening to sue his wife Khloe Kardashian.

Dennis Hof, who owns The Love Ranch in Nevada, says that the athlete still owes $75,000 (£49,000) for his stay there at the brothel and if Odom doesn't settle the bill, he is coming after his reality star wife for the cash. During his bender Odom is said to have enlisted the service of prostitutes Ryder Cherry and Monica Monroe.

Speaking to Radar Online, Hof said: "If I don't get paid for the entire bill, I'll sue Khloe, I know she has the money. We have Lamar on tape signing the credit card statement — we have a copy of his driver's license — he was the one that determined the $75,000 price for the two hookers."

Hof said that a while he was "saddened" about Odom's condition he still need to pay up for the services rendered. "And if he can't pay Khloe is going to have to pay, they are still married."

Kardashian filed for divorce in late 2013, but the pair did not sign off on the documents until July this year. Due to a backlog in the city of Los Angeles the papers had not been processed by the time Odom was taken into hospital, leaving Kardashian with the responsibility for making decisions relating to his medical treatment.

On 21 October Kardashian's lawyer Laura Wasser appeared in court asking the judge to withdraw the papers that would end the couple's marriage, prompting speculation that they have rekindled their romance in the wake of his health scare. They were recently seen smiling on their way to Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where Odom is continuing his recovery.

"The past week has been incredibly difficult. I'm so thankful for family, friends and fans, who have sent nothing but prayers and well wishes to Lamar," she said in a statement to fans hours after it was revealed that Odom had taken his first steps since arriving in Los Angeles.

"I also want to take a moment to thank everyone at Sunrise Hospital, including th amazing doctors and nurses for their kindness and diligent work." Commenting on Odom's condition she said: "Incredible strides have been made." She explained she could not have endured the ordeal of the last few days had it not been for the 'outpouring of love' from the public. Signing off, the 31-year-old wrote: "Thank you for your continued support. God is great!!!"