Khloe Kardashian has called off her divorce from Lamar Odom. The news comes just days after the pro-basketball player was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel after a suspected overdose, after doctors reportedly found "every drug imaginable" in his system.

The 35-year-old was on a four day bender at Dennis Hof's Love Ranch brothel in Pahrump, when he was found by one of the women working there on Tuesday (13 October). After three days in a coma, he opened his eyes and spoke. Khloe has remained by his bedside since the incident first unfolded.

Prompting hopes of a reconciliation between the pair, Khloe's lawyer Laura Wasser appeared in court this morning (21 October) asking the judge to withdraw the papers that would end the couple's marriage.

Following their separation, Khloe filed for divorce in late 2013, but the pair did not sign off on the documents until July this year. Due to a backlog in the city of Los Angeles the papers had not been processed at the time that Odom was taken into hospital, leaving Khloe with responsibility for making decisions relating to his medial treatment.

TMZ reports that the judge granted the request and the former couple remain legally married.

The news comes just a day after it was reported that Khloe and her boyfriend James Harden, 26, had decided to split. It is thought that Khloe, who has always maintained her affections for Odom stating that she could "never not love Lamar" was inconsolable at hearing of his circumstance and was said to be broken at the thought of losing him

Rapper French Montana, who dated the Kardashian sister after she split from her husband was among those who applauded her for standing by Odom throughout his ordeal. He told the New York Daily News: "It's a beautiful thing what she's doing."

The newly reunited couple were seen smiling on their way to Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where Odom will continue his recovery. While his progress has been described as nothing short of "miraculous" Odom may yet need to undergo a kidney transplant. Alvina Alston, who has been speaking publicly for Odom's aunt JaNean Mercer said of the basketball player's recovery: "He continues to make miraculous progress, taking a few steps in Los Angeles."

As it was revealed the former NBA star had taken his first steps after arriving in Los Angeles, Khloe made her first public statement since his collapse.

In a message posted on her app and website she wrote: "The past week has been incredibly difficult. I'm so thankful for family, friends and fans, who have sent nothing but prayers and well wishes to Lamar.

"I also want to take a moment to thank everyone at Sunrise Hospital, including th amazing doctors and nurses for their kindness and diligent work." Commenting on Odom's condition she said: "Incredible strides have been made." She explained she could not have endured the ordeal of the last few days had it not been for the 'outpouring of love' from the public. Signing off, the 31-year-old wrote: "Thank you for your continued support. God is great!!!"

Odom, is alleged to have paid £75k for a four-day bender that included "private party sessions" up to six times a day with the women at the brothel.