The Sony Xperia S gets the MIUI Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. MIUI ROMs are said to run pretty smooth and fast when they come from the official community. Since this is a custom ROM, you may experience a few issues and bugs. Installing a custom ROM will void your device's warranty.
Those interested in installing this ROM can check this tutorial, but IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- The ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable only to the Sony Xperia S and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number through Settings > About phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while installing the ROM.
- Ensure the device has a minimum 60 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging
To install MIUI ICS ROM on Sony Xperia S:
- Download the ROM from here
- Download CWM.zip file from here
- Copy both the zip files to the device's SD card and boot into recovery mode
- In recovery mode, make a Nandroid backup in case you want to go back to the existing ROM
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition
- Go to Mount and Storage and format system data and cache and then go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, select the ROM file
- After installing the ROM file, flash the CWM.zip file
- Now, go back and choose Reboot System Now
Your Xperia S should now be running MIUI ICS ROM
[Source: Hack My Android]