All of the latest transfer news from Arsenal. Arsenal has been dealt a double blow after Karim Benzema and Juan Mata have suggested that they will stay in Spain this summer. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is said to be ready to play Cesc Fabregas in the clubs upcoming Champions League qualifying match to make Barcelona increase their offer and Manchester City are linked once again with Samir Nasri.
Arsenal has been dealt a blow after Real Madrid's Karim Benzema said he will not be joining Arsenal this summer. Karim Benzema insists he has not had any contact with the Gunners and intends to remain at the Bernabeu this summer.
"My place is at this club," Benzema told L'Equipe. "I have never talked to Mr Wenger or anyone else. I want to enjoy success here. I have found my self-belief. This season, I know we will win titles," he continued.
Arsenal look set to miss out on their prime summer transfer target after Valencia boss Unai Emery said he believes the Spanish midfielder will stay at the club this summer. It had been reported that Arsenal had a bid turned down for the Valencia winger but it was believed Arsenal were ready to return with a higher offer. Tottenham were also interested in the winger but it now seems as though Mata will stay with Valencia.
"Mata has gone through a process of doubts about his future," Emery said after seeing Mata captain his side in a 2-1 victory over Hamburg." But now we all believe he will stay at Valencia," he added.
The Daily Mail claims that Arsenal is ready to scupper any potential transfer between Cesc Fabregas and Barcelona by playing their captain in their upcoming Champions League qualifying tie. The draw will be made on Friday but Wenger faces a selection headache with Samir Nasri and Robin Van Persie suspended for the first leg. Barcelona would immediately pull out of any deal for Fabregas if the Spaniard became cup tied for the competition.
Barcelona have been pushing for a deal all summer to avoid a situation like this occurring but up until now the two have not been able to agree on a price for Fabregas. The European Champions have had two bids turned down by Arsenal but as of yet the Catalan club have yet to increase their offer. With the stalemate between the two clubs on going, Wenger feels he now holds the power in the transfer saga.
The Gunners have sent alarm bells ringing by considering playing Fabregas in the upcoming Champions League tie and the Daily Mail claims that Barcelona may now be forced to increase their offer for Fabregas.
The Manchester Evening News has claimed that Manchester City is now ready to show concrete interest in Arsenal's Samir Nasri. The newspaper is said to be weighing up a £20m plus bid to tempt Arsenal into selling the French midfielder, who is out of contract next summer. It is believed that Arsene Wenger will consider selling the player as his contract expires next summer and has shown no interest in signing a new deal with at the Emirates.
Roberto Mancini has been linked with a move for the player all summer and will now make a bid in hope that Wenger will see the negatives of losing the player for free next summer. The newspaper claims that Manchester City is not prepared to pay over the odds for a player that is out of contract in twelve months' time and has shown no signs of penning a new deal.