Galaxy S3 I9300 users are in for a double treat, as Samsung's flagship smartphone gets another custom ROM Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update, thanks to Wanam lite team. Earlier, we saw the release of XXDLIB TurkbeyROM based Jelly Bean update with a spate of advanced features on board for the same smartphone.
The WanamLite custom ROM was earlier released for Galaxy S2 smartphones, which sports the same look as the official stock firmware released by Samsung. The full list of new custom features ported with the WanamLite custom ROM is detailed below.
WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware Features for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Based on latest Jelly bean update
- Deodexed, Rooted and Zipaligned
- Unlimited SMS recipient list
- 15 Toggle buttons
- Repacked & Tweaked & Insecure stock kernel (tweaks will still works on other custom kernels)
- Automatic SMS encoding (Arabic and other utf-8 encoding support)
- Tweaked Pegasusq Governor for better Battery life
- Large APN list
- No incremental ringtone
- Enabled Call recording
- 4 Way reboot (Recovery,Download...)
- Clean build.prop for best Market compatibility
- Stock Keyboard with all supported languages enabled
- Kies support
- Hacked Stock Email App
- Latest CWM Recovery update
- Latest SuperSu update
- Rooted+ insecure Tweaked Stock kernel with init.d support
- Enabled all supported languages
- Multi CSC (+80)
Key Points to Note
- The WanamLite ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible only with the international version Galaxy S3 I9300 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number and firmware version installed by navigating to Settings > About phone.
- In order to install this firmware update, make sure that your Galaxy S3 phone is on the rooted XXDLIB firmware with ClockworkMod recovery pre-installed on it.
- Verify if the device is actually rooted or not by using an app called Root Checker, which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while performing the WanamLite based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update. Be advised that Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing this firmware update and hence you should not try backing up data using KIES software.
- Ensure that all antivirus and security suites are disabled or uninstalled before you attempt the firmware update, as it could interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Verify that the phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown while flashing the WanamLite custom ROM or installing the Jelly Bean updates.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with WanamLite ROM
- Download the WanamLite custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. After the ROM is downloaded, connect your phone to the computer using an USB cable and copy the ROM zip file to the root folder on your Galaxy S3's external SD Card.
- After the file is copied, disconnect the phone from the computer and power it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key button (the middle button) and then tap the power ON button to reboot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap Wipe data/factory reset and hit Wipe Cache partition. In case the device accidentally boots into normal mode, then you will need to retry the process by repeating the above steps. You may also boot the device in recovery mode using the ROMManager app.
- Choose install zip from sd card and click choose zip from sd card. Then, browse and select the Wanam Lite custom ROM Firmware Package which you copied to the root folder on your phone's SD card. The first boot is time consuming and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to complete after installing the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or gets stuck at the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and repeat the above steps to successfully complete the ROM installation.
WanamLite custom ROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S3 I9300. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
For further assistance, check out the video tutorial below:
[Source: Android Advices]