The Samsung Galaxy S2 received a number of ROMs, all based on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware. The latest release is a XenonMOD custom ROM. And users looking to install this ROM on the Galaxy S2 can check the tutorial below. However, IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
We also warn our readers this ROM is compatible only with the international variant of the Galaxy S2 (I9100).
- Ensure the device is rooted and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery installed
- Perform a Dalvik cache wipe
- Make sure all important data is backed-up
To Install Android 4.1.2-Based XenonMOD ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Download Android 4.1.2 XenonMODROMto the PC and copy the file to device's SD card
- Turn the device off and unplug the device from PC
- Re-start device in Recovery mode (to do so, switch device on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons)
- In CWM Recovery, perform a data wipe
- Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card option. Now select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM zip file. Confirm installation by tapping Yes; the installation should begin now
- After installation completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now from Recovery menu (first reboot may take up to five minutes)
Congratulations... the Galaxy S2 should now have Android 4.1.2 XenonMOD ROM. To verify, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]