Bobbi Kristina Brown
Bobbi Kristina Brown has been moved to a hospice as her health deteriorates Fred Prouser/Reuters

Bobbi Kristina's paternal aunt Leolah Brown has denied claims that a member of the Brown family was responsible for taking, and attempting to sell, a photo of the unresponsive 22-year-old.

Earlier in July, TMZ broke the news that "an extended family member" was peddling an image, which shows a woman hovering over Whitney Houston's daughter in her hospice bed. The celebrity news site later reported that as a result of the leak, the security team at the Peachtree Christian Hospice had restricted visitor access to the aspiring actress.

But Bobby Brown's sister has since hit back telling TMZ that the snap, which was offered to several media outlets for $100,000 (£65,000) "was taken when no other Brown was around her".

She told the site: "My brothers know this and we have already determined who we are sure it was not. And believe me − it was not a Brown!"

Brown also suggested that everyone should be made to take a lie-detector test to find out the truth once and for all.

"If it were up to me, the sick and sorry people, that continue to have permission to see her even still to this day, they would be completely cut out never to lay eyes on her again," she added.

Brown previously expressed her outrage that somebody so close would want to cash in on her condition in a scathing Facebook post.

She wrote: "I'll tell you what! You took that picture thinking you gon get some money for it...and that's gon be it! ...guess what!????!!!! I will myself if no one else does-see to it that -YOU be revealed!!!!"

Bobbi Kristina was found unconscious at her home in Roswell, Georgia, on 31 January 2015, shortly before the third anniversary of her mother's death. On 25 June, she was moved to hospice care having spent two months at Georgia's Emory University Hospital and a further 10 weeks at the DeKalb Medical facility.

"Despite the great medical care at numerous facilities, Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition has continued to deteriorate," her maternal aunt Pat Houston said in a statement. "We thank everyone for their support and prayers. She is in God's hands now."