Sony Xperia U users will now be able to get the latest user interface that almost matches the style of Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, thanks to efforts of XDA developer known as acervenky who has released the firmware for Xperia U. It comes with the faster file system EXT4 that is said to be two times faster than the Xperia U's default system.
The Dynamic custom ROM firmware reportedly features system user interface from Vision ROM, eXperia terminator, Google Now, Galaxy S3 launcher, AOSP gallery and Play Music.
Before proceeding, make a backup of all your data and enable USB debugging. To enable USB debugging, you have to navigate to Settings > Development > USB debugging. Disable all the antivirus tools as it may interrupt the update process. Ensure that your phone's battery is at least 40 per cent charged. Finally, make sure you have unlocked the bootloader.
IBTimes UK cautions readers to proceed with the guide at their own risk and we will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device.
Check out the procedure below to install Dynamic custom ROM firmware on Sony Xperia U:
- Download Dynamic custom ROM firmware from here to your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and copy the zip file to your device. Make sure that you do not copy the file into sub-folders.
- Disconnect the device from the PC and launch the ROM Manager app in your Galaxy S3 in order to choose reboot system now.
- In Recovery mode, choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sd card. Now, select the Dynamic custom ROM firmware package. Once the firmware is applied, the device will begin booting which might take around 3-4 minutes.
- Navigate to Settings > About phone to check for the firmware version
You should now be running Dynamic custom ROM firmware on your Sony Xperia U.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]