Unofficial Android developers have unleashed a custom deodexed ROM based on the official build XXDLH9 for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update that was recently leaked for Galaxy S3 i9300. S3 users can now flash their phones with new custom features using ClockworkMod recovery.
What New Features You Will Get
- Rooted (ChainDD)
- + CWMManager (partially compatible)
- + Enabled hidden languages
- + Fixed CSC + 84 CSC
Key Points to Note
- The instructions provided in this guide are compatible with the international version Galaxy S3 i9300 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About phone.
- Further, the instructions given in the guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the custom firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing this ROM as it is a custom firmware.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Ensure that you have installed the correct USB drivers to enable your Galaxy S3 i9300 to connect with the computer. Download the Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers here.
- Enable USB debugging mode, which helps connect your Android phone with the PC.
- Make sure your phone battery holds at least 80 to 85 percent charge. This is to prevent your phone from shutting down abruptly due to low battery charge while installing the custom ROM based Jelly Bean update on it. Such an abrupt shutdown could lead to irreparable damage to the unit and users are advised to exercise caution.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, critical data and settings (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while installing the XXDLH9 custom firmware. You may use Samsung KIES software for automated backup, else a manual backup should lend you more options to choose what you need for backup.
- Your phone should either be factory unlocked or manually unlocked and rooted, before you proceed with the firmware installation procedure.
How to Install XXDLH9 Based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom Update on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Step 1 - Download XXDLH9 based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 to your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 storage on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Without extracting, copy/paste the downloaded XXDLH9 ROM zip file to the root folder on your SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Now, press and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to boot into recovery mode.
Step 6 - After entering ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first (skip this step, if installing over another custom ROM). Finally, browse and select Flash Zip from SD card by pressing the Power button.
Step 7 - Once again press the power button and tap Choose Zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Now using the volume keys, browse and locate the XXDLH9 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the power button. Confirm the file installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by clicking Reboot System Now from the recovery menu. The phone will reboot now. The first boot is usually time-consuming and might take about 5 minutes. So, leave it alone.
XXDLH9 based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now installed on your Galaxy S3 i9300. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware build installed on your phone.
[Source: Team Android]