Team BAKED has released the unofficial Blackbean ROM, which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3110. The custom build has been baked using both the AOKP and CyanogenMod (CM) and a few other sources. A key feature of the custom ROM is the firmware comes with dark-themed apps. Besides, the ROM carries a number of customised features.
Features of Blackbean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Build from Baked source
Includes ROM control (KANG from AOKP but made into baked style)
Include AOKP toggles
Include Power widgets (CM)
Lockscreen shortcuts 8 tablet (CM)
Lockscreen weather (CM)
Lockscreen calendar (CM)
Full customised MMS app (Baked)
Include DSPManager (CM)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users, who are looking to update their devices to Android 4.2.2 with the Blackbean Jelly Bean ROM, may follow our step-by-step guide below. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices since the aforementioned custom ROM works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110; applying this on incorrect devices is likely to brick the device.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode.
3) Create backup of all data of the device.
4) Ensure that the battery of the device has above 80 per cent charge.
5) The tablet should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
6) The device should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install BlackBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
1) Download Blackbean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Tab to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded files to the SD card of the tablet. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root not in any folder
4) Disconnect the tablet from the computer and switch it off
5) Place the device in Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery, first perform a full data wiping task by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
7) Perform a cache wipe by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
8) Perform a dalvik cache wipe. To do so, navigate to 'advanced' and then select 'wipe dalvik cache' from CWM Recovery menu. This step is optional but it is recommended so that the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors
9) After the action is completed return to the main recovery menu. Select 'install zip from sdcard' by pressing the Power button
10) Select 'choose zip from sdcard' using the Power button. Then navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file using the Volume button. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation procedure should start now
11) After the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure to install the Google Apps package
12) Once the installation process is completed go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the tablet by selecting 'reboot system now' from the main recovery menu. The process is likely to take about five minutes
Once the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 boots up successfully, it should be running on Android 4.2.2 Blackbean Jelly Bean ROM. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]