Harry Redknapp remains focused on Tottenham Hotspur despite the clamour to anoint the 64-year-old as Fabio Capello's successor.

Redknapp was found not guilty of tax evasion on Wednesday afternoon at Southwark Crown Court, hours before Capello tendered his shock resignation at Wembley following a meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein.

The Tottenham manager has since been championed as the most viable candidate to succeed the Italian, with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand both endorsing the claims of Redknapp.

Although he is the bookies odds-on favourite to become England manager, the White Hart Lane chief concedes he has "not thought about" the potential of succeeding Capello.

"I've not thought about it [the England job]. I have a big game for Tottenham on Saturday, so my focus is on Tottenham." Redknapp told The Times outside his house in Poole on Thursday.

"The club have been fantastic to me, and the fans last week at the Wigan game gave me an incredible reception.

"So it wouldn't be right for me to focus on anything but Tottenham. That's my only interest."

On potentially managing England on a caretaker basis at the European Championship, Redknapp added: "I've not thought about it. [The FA] will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be the right decision for the country. But as I say, my focus is all on Tottenham."

Having endured a dramatic day of his own on Wednesday, when he and the former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric were both found not guilty of cheating public revenues during their mutual time at Fratton park, Redknapp admitted he was still "shocked" by Capello's decision to quit.

"I was shocked. I didn't expect that to happen." The Tottenham manager said. "We knew he was going to leave in the summer but I didn't expect it to happen now."