Jack Wilshere insists there has been no progress whatsoever regarding an extension to his expiring £90,000-a-week ($120,928) contract at Arsenal, revealing there is no set date for talks to commence as doubts over his long-term future continue to circulate despite returning to Arsene Wenger's Premier League XI for the first time in 577 days this week.
The 25-year-old midfielder, who saw a loan stint at Bournemouth ended prematurely by yet more injury woe last season, had not started a league match for the Gunners since May 2016 before being drafted into the lineup alongside Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Alex Iwobi and Olivier Giroud for a goalless draw against West Ham United on Wednesday (13 December).
Wilshere largely impressed in that London derby stalemate and finally ended a run that had seen him fail to complete 90 minutes of a top-flight contest in an Arsenal shirt in more than three years.
Asked for an update on his contract situation after the full-time whistle, he told the Evening Standard: "There's no update. We're in the same position we were in two weeks ago.
"There's not really a date in the diary for talks. I've only read what he's [Wenger] said in the media. At the moment, I've just played my first game in the Premier League.
"I'm concentrating on staying fit and staying in its team. That will look after itself and when it's the right time, I'm sure the boss will pull me so we can have a chat."
With his current deal due to lapse in June 2018, Wilshere, told he must be playing regularly in order to win back his place in the England set-up in the build-up to the World Cup, is technically free to begin negotiating a pre-contract agreement with overseas suitors when the transfer window re-opens for business in the New Year.
The academy graduate, a regular in the Europa League and Carabao Cup this term, has stated on numerous occasions that he would like to extend his 16-year stay in north London, although admitted that it was "difficult" to accept playing once every three weeks.
Wenger, meanwhile, reiterated at the beginning of last month that the plan was always to afford Wilshere six months to focus upon recovering from his latest injury setback before beginning contract talks in December.
Discussing his performance at West Ham, the Frenchman said: "Jack did very well overall for a first game, especially in the first half. He could add some sharpness but he defended well as well. For a first game, it's satisfying."
Hammers boss David Moyes declared an interest in a potential January swoop for Wilshere before Wednesday's fixture, while La Liga outfit Real Betis, who loaned Joel Campbell from Arsenal before the summer transfer deadline, were said to be eager to lure him to Spain.
Trabzonspor, Sampdoria, Aston Villa and Birmingham City were among the many other clubs to be linked with his signature during the previous window, although a permanent return to Bournemouth was swiftly ruled out by Eddie Howe.
A reunion with ex-Three Lions coach Roy Hodgson - the man who placed such faith in Wilshere at the European Championship in France in 2016 - at Crystal Palace has also been mooted.