Chelsea striker Loic Remy insists he can still have a future at Stamford Bridge having been impressed with Antonio Conte's start to life at the club. Remy, who joined the Blues from Queens Park Rangers in the summer of 2014, has struggled for form and fitness at the club, scoring just 12 goals during his two seasons in west London.
The misfiring Radamel Falcao and Alexandre Pato have already been cast out of the club by Conte, and with Belgium international Michy Batshuayi arriving, doubts hang over the France international's long-term future.
But the 29-year-old is hoping to impress the new manager and earn his way back into first-team plans.
"It's good to be back and for me it's very important that I don't have any more injury problems this season," Remy told Chelsea's official website.
"The preparation is very important for me, I feel really well so far but it's a long time since I played. Last year was very difficult for me because I had a lot of injuries, but this is a new page now. I hope to stay free from injuries and to have a better season."
Conte led his first training session as Chelsea manager last Wednesday, having warned his players they would be pushed to their limits in his first press conference in front of the UK press.
And Remy has been impressed with the Italian's immediate impact on the training pitch.
"They are very intense sessions but at the same time you have to work on the basics," he said. "It's very tactical which is good for us, because as players you need to have direction and know what to do with and without the ball. It's been very tough but all the players are enjoying working with the new manager."