Samsung has begun Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) updates for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500) 3G, a note on SamMobile suggests. Updates for the Galaxy Tab 7.7, the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and the Wi-Fi versions of the Tab 7.7 and Tab 7.0 Plus are already available. Tab 10.1 owners in Italy are, the report indicates, the first to get the ICS update - firmware P7500XXLQ8 - which is available Over the Air (OTA) and through Samsung Kies. Samsung are set to release ICS updates for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi + 3G, the Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi + 3G, the Tab 8.9 (both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi +3G) and the Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi in the near future.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners looking to update to ICS may refer instructions given below. IBTimes UK recommends all users to back-up documents, information and settings. We add that these instructions are only compatible with the Tab 10.1 (model number P7500).
Steps to Install Android 4.0.4 ICS for Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 3G
- Download firmware (P7500XXLQ8) from here. Unzip downloaded file and extract to folder on computer.
- Download Odin
- Turn device off and boot into Download Mode (simultaneously press the Power and Volume Down buttons)
- Connect device to computer
- Start Odin and click on PDA. Select firmware file from computer
- Click Start to install firmware. The tablet will automatically reboot once installation is complete
Congratulations... the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 3G is now running Android 4.0.4.