Full-time: Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
- Tottenham come back to earth after their midweek Champions League heroics against Real Madrid by labouring to an unconvincing London derby win at Wembley Stadium
- Heung-Min Son finally breaks the deadlock in the 64th minute with a fine effort that curls beyond Julian Speroni
- The South Korean international is now the all-time highest Asian goalscorer in Premier League history
- Third-string goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga makes a number of impressive saves on his Spurs debut after Michel Vorm joins Hugo Lloris on the sidelines
- Dele Alli ruled out of game and withdraws from England squad for friendlies against Germany and Brazil with a hamstring injury
- Tottenham draw level with Manchester United in third and temporarily reduce the gap to leaders Manchester City to five points
- A fifth defeat in seven matches for spirited Crystal Palace keeps them bottom of the table and five points adrift of safety
That is it for this particular blog, but be sure to stay with IBTimes UK for coverage of a massive double-header as Manchester City host Arsenal and Chelsea entertain Manchester United.
Not exactly a convincing display from Tottenham and a world away from their midweek defeat of Real Madrid, but Son's second-half curler and a fine debut from Gazzaniga is enough to secure the win and close the gap to the top two.
A fifth defeat in seven games for Hodgson, while rock-bottom Palace are still without a goal or a point on their travels in 2017-18. However, they can take heart from what was a spirited performance.
Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
Townsend cuts inside with menace and unleashes a left-footed drive that is blocked by Dier.
Sissoko then does well to take possession from Zaha and win a free-kick which relieves any late pressure.
Pochettino looks to run down the clock by withdrawing Rose in favour of Davies.
Three minutes of added time for Palace to find an equaliser.
After Son loses the ball, Townsend skips into the Spurs box and rides a sliding challenge from Dier before seeing his pass inside booted away by Sanchez.
Tottenham force another corner but still they cannot get a free header at goal and the ball goes out of play off Sanchez.
Gazzaniga has enjoyed an impressive debut for Spurs and this time he races off his line to intercept a pass towards Chelsea loanee and new England call-up Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
Son races clear once again but this time is well-marshalled by Sakho.
Vertonghen dispossesses Zaha and plays in Son, who sells Speroni with a look to the far post before shooting into the side netting. That really should have been 2-0.
No 14th goal of the season for Kane this afternoon. Fernando Llorente comes on in his place.
Palace still fighting as Zaha rushes forward and finds Cabaye, who drives a shot across goal and wide.
After Gazzaniga is fouled at a corner, Hodgson sends on Bakary Sako in place of Ward.
Dann does brilliantly to thwart Kane and Zaha misses the target at the other end. Palace certainly not out of this yet.
After a spot of pinball in the penalty box, Palace's stern resistance is broken.
Son bends an unstoppable curling effort beyond the despairing reach of Speroni.
Goal: Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace (Heung-Min Son)
Rose sends a great ball across the face of the six-yard box but there is no Spurs player there to turn it home.
Cabaye's corner takes a big deflection off Dier and Gazzaniga does extremely well to keep out Milivojevic's close-range header at the back post.
Palace are looking far more likely to break the deadlock at Wembley.
Aurier gives the ball away far too casually and Palace spring forward on the counter.
Townsend plays a super ball into the path of Zaha, who rounds the onrushing Gazzaniga before shooting wide of an open goal from a tricky angle.
What a chance.
Schlupp gifts possession to Aurier and is booked for then hauling the Ivorian down.
Sakho is somehow the furthest Palace player forward and Aurier has to be alert to stop him from connecting with a cross from Milivojevic.
Cabaye's latest corner is caught cleanly by Gazzaniga.
Tottenham applying plenty of pressure now as they win a succession of corners. Speroni tries to keep Davinson Sanchez's lofted effort in play but cannot do so.
A wretched pass from Aurier is intercepted by Townsend, who takes on Dier and fizzes in a low shot that is pushed wide by Gazzaniga.