West Ham star Diafro Sakho has been arrested for a second time this month after allegedly threatening to kill his girlfriend at his Essex mansion.
The 25-year-old Senegalese star was bailed until September earlier this month after allegedly assaulting the same woman and was questioned by police again on Sunday night (23 August), 24 hours after Sakho and West Ham lost 4-3 to Premier League new boys AFC Bournemouth. He has been bailed until October over the most-recent incident.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "On Sunday 23 August, officers from Havering arrested a man on suspicion of threats to kill and witness intimidation. A 25-year-old man was arrested at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch. He was taken to an East London police station and bailed pending police inquiries to a date in early October."
A spokesman for the player told The Sun: "Diafra Sakho has not been charged with any offence. He vigorously denies the allegations that have been made against him, and has given police a complete explanation of events. He will not be making any further comment."