Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Omega 15 custom ROM has been released for Samsung Galaxy S2 by model number I9100, reports Android Advices. The custom ROM is developed by XDA developer named indie. The firmware reportedly carries the latest features of ICS and a few applications.
Users who wish to update their Galaxy S2 with ICS Omega 15 custom firmware can follow the guide given below. IBTimes UK warns its readers that it will not be held responsible in case any damage occurs to the device during installation. Backup all your important data before proceeding. Install USB drivers for Galaxy S2 and enable the USB debugging mode. The firmware works only with Galaxy S2 by build number I9100 not with any other variants. Therefore verify the model number of your device before following the steps below. Also ensure that the battery of the device is charged properly.
Steps to Install ICS Omega 15 Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Download Omega 15 ROM for Galaxy S2 to your computer
2) Now connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded ROM file to the SD card of your phone
3) Now disconnect the phone from the computer and put it into recovery mode which you can do either via ROM manager app or manually enter into the mode
4) To enter into the recovery mode manually press and Volume Up, Menu and the Power buttons together
5) In recovery mode perform Nandroid backup by selecting Backup and Restore>> Backup
6) Now select wipe data>>factory reset to perform data wipe
7) Select install zip from SD card then choose zip from SD card. Now select the Omega 15 ROM to confirm installation which will take a few minutes
8) Upon the completion of installation reboot the device by selecting Reboot System (Remember that the rebooting will take a slightly longer time so be patient)
Your Galaxy S2 I9100 is now running on Android 4.0.4 Omega 15 custom ROM and you can verify the software version by browsing to Settings>>About Phone.