Islamic State (Isis) has claimed responsibility for the Ansbach suicide bombing attack, the group's Amaq news agency confirmed on Monday (25 July).
The attack outside a music festival in the Bavarian town on Sunday injured 12 people. The bomber was the sole fatality in the attack.
"He carried out the operation in response to calls to target countries of the coalition that fights Isis," it said.
The attacker has been identified as a Syrian refugee by authorities, who had previously attempted to commit suicide. His asylum application had been rejected. Police said that in a video retrieved from his phone he had pledged allegiance to Isis.
The attack was the third in Bavaria in recent days, after a 17-year-old Afghan refugee seriously injured two people in knife and axe attack near Wuerzberg, and a gunmen shot dead ten people in attack in a mall in Munich on Friday.