Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) users are set to receive a nightly release of the CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) custom ROM, featuring Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean). The Tab 7.7 has a capable hardware configuration, including 1GB of RAM for a powerful dual core 1GHz processor. However, it ships with the outdated Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) software.
Some of the new features available with this CM10.1 ROM are multi-user support, Gesture Typing, a new Quick Settings option, a lock-screen widget, a new camera app, photosphere, improved Google Now, a new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
Note: This build is still under development and may harbour a few untested bugs or broken features. Users must note the bugs will be fixed in upcoming updates as part of the development progress.
HDMI doesn't work
GPS doesn't work
Bluetooth doesn't work
Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
Download Google apps package
The CM10.1 ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable only for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800). Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
IBTimes UK advises users to back-up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing CM10.1 custom ROM on Galaxy Tab 7.7.
Verify battery has at least 80 percent charge
Ensure correct USB drivers are installed (download here)
Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development Options
Ensure device is rooted with ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed before proceeding with ROM installation
To Install Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) on Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) with CM10.1 ROM
- Connect Tab 7.7 to computer with original USB cable
- Copy downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files to root folder of tablet.
- Important: Do not extract any file
- Disconnect tablet from computer and power off
- Now boot Recovery (to do so, press and hold Power and Volume Up until Galaxy Tab logo appears on screen and then release Power but continue holding Volume Up until device boots into Recovery mode)
- Note: Use Volume buttons to navigate and Power to select options while in Recovery
- Take Nandroid backup of present ROM (to restore in case of a malfunction). To make a backup, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and return to main Recovery menu once back-up is completed
- Perform full data wipe (to do so, click Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes to confirm action). Return to main Recovery menu once process is completed
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Now locate ROM file, select by tapping Power and confirm installation
- After installation, repeat above step but choose Google apps instead of ROM .zip file
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot device into Android 4.2.1 (firs boot may take some time)
- Restoring Previous ROM: To restore previous ROM, boot into Recovery, choose Backup and Restore > Restore
The CM10.1 ROM, based on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) has now been installed on the Tab 7.7.
[Source: Android Jinn]