Discerning GTA 5 tipster, Typical Gamer, has revealed an insane speed boost trick while driving a Banshee in a head to head sprint race with the fastest car in GTA 5, the Zentorno.
According to the tipster, this insane speed boost trick is accomplished by using the double-clutching mechanism on your Banshee as the trick best works only with this car.
Tip #1: You will need a fully-upgraded Banshee supercar to do this trick and beat any supercar in GTA Online.
Tip #2: You may need a bit of practice to accurately time your gear shifting and acceleration for best results.
Method 1: Without Sticky Bombs
Here is how you do it:
- For those of you who have some experience driving manual vehicles in races, you would know that you should start your car as fast as you can, following the Go signal, to acquire an instant speed boost.
- Hit the accelerator hard until it hits the third shift and then pull your fingers off the accelerator button and hold RP on Xbox 360 or R1 on PS3 for less than a second.
- You should now see some skid marks on the track as you let go off the RP or R1 button and hit the accelerator hard once again.
- Now keep holding the accelerator button until you reach the finish line.
- Once you start nearing the top speed you will experience insane speed boosts on your car, while leaving your rival car far behind.
Tip #3:Always perform this trick on the runway of an airfield as it is traffic free and ideal for a sprint race.
Tip #4: For better results, place a couple of sticky bombs on the airfield runway starting point and ensure that it is aligned in the direction of your front wheels. Add two more sticky bombs at the position where you would be double-clutching. Basically, you will be running your car over these sticky bombs once the race starts.
Method 2: With Sticky Bombs
Here is how you do it:
- Hit the acceleration button hard and when you are about to hit the second set of sticky bombs, just let go off the accelerator.
- Now quickly press and hold RP on Xbox 360 or R1 on PS3 for about half-a-second until you see the skid marks behind your vehicle.
- The moment you see the skid marks, let go off the RP or R1 button and hit the accelerator hard all the way in.
- Keep holding the accelerator down until you reach the finishing line.
Tip #5:For a perfect launch, you must hit RP on Xbox 360 or R1 on PS3 right before your car hits the third gear and leaves the smallest of skid marks before hitting the accelerator hard again.
This is how you double-clutch to travel faster than any vehicle in the game.