The official Andriod 4.0.3 Vanilla (Ice Cream Sandwich) was rolled out for the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 in July and now K1 owners will get a taste of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), courtesy an XDA member called krook1. The developer claims the JRO03H CyanogenMod (CM) 10 ROM is based on the original CM9 port. The update reportedly confirms functionality for Wi-FI+GPS, HD video and audio, the external SD card, front and rear cameras, Bluetooth, Google Now (with voice) and paid apps. However, 3G services, auto brightness and the rotate lock switch are not yet working.
Check out how to install the Jelly Bean update on Lenovo IdeaPad K1. IBTimes UK warns readers there is a risk of data damage and advises interested users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: This update is compatible only with the Lenovo IdeaPad K1. It is not recommended to try this method on any other device. In addition, this method involves the wiping of data from the IdeaPad K1 and it is recommended users make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Finally, ensure that ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed on the device.
- Download ROM from XDA Developers' thread
- Download Google Apps package from XDA Developers' thread
- Copy downloaded zip files to tablet's internal SD card
- Turn off the device and boot into CWM Recovery. To do so, simultaneously press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until device boots into recovery. To scroll, use Volume buttons and use the Power button to select highlighted options
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset
- After wiping, choose Install Zip option from device's SD card. Now select Choose Zip from SD card and then scroll to and select ROM file
- Confirm installation. The installation of ROM will now begin
- After installing ROM, select choose Zip from SD card once again and then choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip to install Google Apps package
- After installing Google Apps package, go back to recovery and choose Reboot System, in order to finish Jelly Bean set-up
Congratulations... you have now installed JRO03H CM10 ROM, based on the Jelly Bean software, on your Lenovo IdeaPad K1.