The Samsung Galaxy Note that was announced back in September has been able to run Android Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. This time, the device will get a chance to run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, courtesy of XDA Recognised Developer XpLoDWilD. As this is a preview build there might be lots of bugs. Hence it is not a daily driver. The issue relates to FM radio.
The Galaxy Note comes with a huge 5.3in Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. It runs the TouchWiz 4.0 User Interface. Back in June, the Korean giant rolled out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the UK-based Note users. The upgrade was originally announced for March, but it was then pushed to the second quarter.
For more detailed instructions you can visit the official thread at xda-developers.
Check out the steps below to install CM10 on Samsung Galaxy Note:
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the guide below is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. This method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Please make sure that your device has already installed ClockworkMod recovery (CWM).
- Download ROM from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Without extracting the files copy both the downloaded files from step 1 and step 2 to the device's internal SDcard. Switch off your device and boot into CWM recovery.
- Press Power button, while holding the Volume Up button simultaneously until the device will boot into recovery. To scroll use the volume keys and to select the options use the Power key.
- Tap Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm and wait until the wipe is completed.
- After the process, choose Install Zip option from SDcard and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Select ROM file.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will now begin installing.
- After installing the ROM, select choose Zip from SDcard again and choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install Google Apps package.
- Go back to main recovery menu and choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device and boot into CM10.
You have installed CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note.