If you are a user of Sony's high-end smartphones, there is good news for you. Your smartphones are now finally set to receive the much expected Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update.
According to an official tweet by Sony Xperia, the company's core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series of smartphones and tablets will receive Android Lollipop by the beginning of 2015, which means that you get to test out the Material Design feature (brought along by Android Lollipop) very soon.
As of now, Sony's popular Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition (GPe) tablet has already received the Android Lollipop, thanks to its stock Android nature.
Also, Sony had earlier announced that the whole of its Xperia Z series will be updated to Android Lollipop.
Now, with the Xperia Z3 and Z2 series also confirmed to receive Android Lollipop, it should be a double treat for Sony smartphone and tablet users.
Users of Sony's Xperia Z3 and Z2 range of devices get to see the following new features:
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices.
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver feature: The new battery saver feature extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- Enhanced security: Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones.
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen.
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for living room TV devices
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.