Owners of Acer Iconia Tab A100 will now be able to get a taste of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) on their tablet, thanks to XDA Senior Member waydownsouth. Recently, XDA Senior Member randomblame had ported the Jelly Bean to the Acer Iconia Tab A500. The things that are working include wi-fi, Bluetooth, storage, sound, camera, GPS, 2d/3d acceleration, HDMI video and HDMI audio. But, H/W rotation lock does not function.
The Iconia Tab A100 was released in 2011. It is powered by Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 chipset with dual-core 1GHz Cortex-A9 CPU and ships 1GB of RAM. It boasts of LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The 7.0in display integrated Acer User Interface. In terms of storage, it comes with an 8GB and 16GB storage capacities and a microSD card with an additional memory space of 32GB. It is the first 7-in tablet to run the Android 3.2 operating system.
Check out the steps below to install CM10 on Acer Iconia Tab A100, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the below guide is compatible only with Acer Iconia Tab A100. To manually check your device's version proceed to Settings > About tablet. This method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Please make sure that your device has already installed ClockworkMod recovery (CWM).
- Download ROM from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Without extracting the files copy the downloaded files from step 1 and step 2 to the device's internal SDcard. Switch off your device and boot into CWM recovery.
- Press Power button, while holding the Volume Up button simultaneously until the device will boot into recovery. To scroll make use of volume keys and to selct the options use the Power key.
- Tap Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm and wait until the wipe is completed.
- After the process, choose Install Zip option from SDcard. Then select Choose Zip from SD card and select ROM file.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose Zip from SDcard again and choose gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip file to install Google Apps package.
- After the installation, go back to main recovery menu and choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device and boot into CM10.
You have installed CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Acer Iconia Tab A100.