The LG Optimus 3D (P920) can now be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) via a new custom ROM known as PACman. The PACman ROM is believed to combine features from CyanogenMod 10 (CM10), AOKP and Paranoid Android ROMs.
This guide will help users install the PACman ROM on the Optimus 3D. However, IBTimes UK reminds tis readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Ensure USB drivers are installed on the PC
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device is rooted and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
To Install Jelly Bean-based PACman custom ROM on LG Optimus 3D:
- Connect the device to the PC and copy downloaded zip files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- Boot into Recovery mode (to do so, press and holding Volume Down, 3D and Power buttons)
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM (to do this, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and return to main Recovery menu after process is complete)
- Perform a data wipe (to do this, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then tap Yes to confirm the action). Wait until data wipe is completed and return to main Recovery menu
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now browse to p920_PAC_jb_aplha-v18.0.0.zip and select it by pressing Power. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. The ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip to install the Google apps package
- Go back to main Recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into PACman ROM
The LG Optimus 3D should now be running the Jelly Bean-based PACman ROM.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot into Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
[Source: Android Jinn]