Arsene Wenger has ruled out putting Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez on the market even if the Arsenal duo refuse to sign a new deal. The French boss confirmed that both players will stay at the Emirates Stadium until at least the summer of 2018 despite recent speculation linking them with the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Arsenal have been trying to seal the long-term future of their two major stars for a while amid suggestions the players had been demanding improved deals to put them among the Premier League's top earners.
The Telegraph has reported that Arsenal would consider parting ways with Ozil in the summer should the former Real Madrid star not lower his wage demands. Yet, the German international, who recently hinted at a return to the La Liga giants, only has 18 months remaining on his current contract and could leave for free at the end of the next campaign.
However, Wenger has ruled out that possibility during a press conference ahead of the Saturday's encounter with Stoke City.
"No matter what happens they will stay for 18 months and hopefully for much longer," Wenger stated.
"Eighteen months is quite long in football. They have 18 months on their contracts and are completely committed to do well as long as they are here. Beyond that we will try to extend their contracts but I can't make that a subject of every press conference as that is normal. These players have 18 months, they will be staying 18 months and hopefully much longer. I don't believe that it is a problem.
"A contract is between two parties and on my side the best position is to achieve it early. You have to accept that negotiations are private and secret and we don't have to explain what we do with negotiations."
But asked whether he was ready to break Arsenal's wage structure to keep the players, he said: "Like always we will do the maximum of what we can for every single player."
Sanchez has been linked with a move to Manchester City in recent months while The Telegraph added on Thursday that Chelsea were also monitoring his situation before making a move to lure him to Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile, earlier this week The Mirror reported that the former Barcelona star had also been offered a £400,000-a-week deal to move to China.
But Wenger believes that there is no chance that the Chilean international will leave Arsenal for the Far East.
"I believe it (the offer), yes, why not? But why should you go to China today when you play in England? I believe that we live in a world where great players like Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil earn a lot of money and choose where they want to play," the Arsenal boss said.