Android developers have turned their attention towards Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700). The Pad Infinity owners get a chance to taste the goodness of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), courtesy XDA senior member hiemanshu. The CyanogenMod (CM) 10 based on Jelly Bean is an unofficial nightly build and might contain a few issues or bugs. The ROM is based on stock Android; hence, Asus-specific features may not work.
The things that are reported to be working include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, audio, camera and HDMI out. But, reports suggest that the Global Positioning System (GPS) is not working.
Readers can now take a look at the instructions below on how to install stable CM10 ROM on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700). The method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM as well as instructions are compatible only with the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700). In order to check the model go to Settings > About phone under Pad EC version.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Ensure that the bootloader in your device has been unlocked. To do so, go to Asus Support page and choose Android in the OS drop down menu. Now choose Utilities and download the Unlock Device App utility. On copying and installing the file in your tablet you can unlock the bootloader via Unlock Device App utility.
- Finally, make sure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is already installed in your device.
How to install CM10 based on Jelly Bean on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700):
- Download latest version of ROM from the official thread at xda-developers' forum
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Now, without extracting the files copy them to your device's internal SD card
- Turn off your device and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons both together, until you see some lines of text appearing on the left corner of the screen. Release all the buttons. Within five seconds press the Volume Up button to enter into CWM recovery
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM. To do so, go to Backup and Restore > select Backup once again. On completing backup, go back to main recovery menu
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM and select it. Once again, choose "Yes" to confirm installation. ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard and then choose Google Apps package file for installation
- Finally, go back and then choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device into CM10
Note: Users who wish to go back to the previous ROM can follow step 4 and choose backup and restore. Choose restore in order to restore the ROM.
CM10, based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700).
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]