Ten years on from the death of legendary manager Brian Clough, IBTimes UK looks back on some of the most memorable quotes from one of the most influential characters the British game has ever seen.
"I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. They were shrewd because that's exactly what I would have done."
- After being overlooked for the England job.
"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business... but I was in the top one."
- Not many would disagree with Clough on that.
"Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me."
- Comments following speculation he was about to hand in his resignation at the City Ground.
"Ah yes, Frank Sinatra. He met me once y'know?"
"For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn't got two of what I've got. And I don't mean balls!"
- On Sir Alex Ferguson not winning two consecutive European Cups.
"I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me."
- On how he would like to be remembered.