Tottenham Hotspur forward Clint Dempsey will not be leaving White Hart Lane this summer, according to the player's agent.
A number of reports have suggested that Andre Villas-Boas considers the United States international to be surplus to requirements at the club, despite the forward finding the net on 12 occasions last season.
The Portuguese manager is looking to trim his bloated squad in the coming months to make room on the wage bill to accommodate his summer transfer targets with Dempsey, thought to be the highest earning American footballer of all time, reportedly one of those names on the transfer list.
West Brom is thought to be a possible destination for the 30-year-old should he leave north London, but Dempsey's agent Lyle Yorks has given every indication the forward will remain at the club next season.
"I have been in constant contact with Tottenham and they are happy with Clint and he's happy at the club," Yorks told the London Evening Standard.
"He's reporting back shortly. He'll be back there and will be in Hong Kong for pre-season and everything's good.
"There have been no meetings and no discussions. Not with Tottenham or with any other teams about Clint."
However, the agent did add that those circumstances could change should the club and player receive a lucrative offer for Dempsey, who only arrived in north London from Fulham on transfer deadline day last summer.
"Things could change obviously if a team came in with a big offer, but they are not actively trying to move Dempsey.
"His focus right now is returning to the team and helping them qualify for the Champions League."
Tottenham have already dipped their toes in the transfer market, signing Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for £17 million. The box to box midfielder could be in line to form a formidable partnership with his compatriot Sandro next season, as the latter nears his full return.
Sandro suffered a severe knee injury that required surgery in January of this year, but after six months of rehabilitation the 24-year-old is nearing his return, having been named in Tottenham's travelling squad for the Barclays Asia Trophy later this month.
Younes Kaboul, who endured an injury ridden campaign last season will also feature, much to the delight of Villas-Boas.
"It's a very good start to pre-season for both players," the Spurs manager said last Friday.
"It's great for Younes after a year out to come back to training and have double sessions with no problems. Sandro hit six months last week and we are on plan, he's made an excellent recovery and we're happy with him."