CodenameSammy TouchWiz, a new custom ROM has been made available for Galaxy Nexus that allows users to experience Samsung's TouchWiz on their smartphone. This custom ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) that consists of bits from the official update provided for Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1.
This is an unofficial ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) release of Jelly Bean. CodenameSammy TouchWiz ROM features Samsung TouchWizUX, 5x4 Drawer Apps grid, 3x2 widgets preview, alongside smooth and responsive performance.
Galaxy Nexus owners looking to install the ROM may follow this tutorial but IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This guide works only with the international version of the Galaxy Nexus (i9250).
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USBdebugging
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Ensure ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed
To Install CodenameSammy TouchWiz Android 4.1.1 ROM on Galaxy Nexus:
- Download CodenamSammy TouchWiz Android 4.1.1 ROM
- Connect Galaxy Nexus to computer and copy downloaded zip file to device's SD card
- Switch off device and unplug from computer
- Enter Bootloader Mode (to do so, switch on device while holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons)
- Follow onscreen instructions, choose Bootloader and then enter Recovery
- Perform data wipe in CWM Recovery and then scroll to and chooseFlash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and choose TouchWiz ROM file. Tap Yesto confirm installation
- After completing installation process, go to+++++Go Backand reboot device by choosingReboot System Now. The Galaxy Nexus will begin booting. The first boot could take up to five minutes
The Galaxy Nexus should now be running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TouchWiz firmware. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]