Apple has just rolled out its latest iteration of iOS software, the iOS 7, for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The latest iOS update is now available for manual download and installation, using our step-by-step guide below.
iOS 7 is released as a free upgrade for the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
NOTE: Those who cannot access the iOS 7 update via Over-The-Air (OTA) or wireless connections can use the direct download links given below to update their devices manually via iTunes.
Direct Download Links for iOS 7 Final
Alternative lInks for iOS 7 Final:
7.0 (iPhone 4 GSM): iPhone3,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPhone 4 CDMA): iPhone3,3_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPhone 4S): iPhone4,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPhone 5 GSM): iPhone5,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPhone 5 CDMA): iPhone5,2_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 2 Wi-Fi): iPad2,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 2 GSM): iPad2,2_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 2 CDMA): iPad2,3_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 2 New): iPad2,4_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 3 Wi-Fi): iPad3,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 3 CDMA): iPad3,2_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 3 GSM): iPad3,3_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 4 Wi-Fi): iPad3,4_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 4 GSM): iPad3,5_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad 4 CDMA): iPad3,6_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad mini Wi-Fi): iPad2,5_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad mini GSM): iPad2,6_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPad mini CDMA): iPad2,7_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
7.0 (iPod Touch 5G): iPod5,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw
- Ensure that your iOS device is updated to the latest version of iTunes (download iTunes 11.1).
- Backup important data on your device before updating to the latest iOS software update via iTunes or iCloud.
- Save SHSH Blobs for your iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 firmware (click here to see tutorial) which enables you to downgrade your device later. Device downgrade may be necessary if you wish to retain your jailbreak tweaks and apps, and skip upgrading to iOS 7. This must be done before Apple stops signing the older firmware.
- Jailbreakers and unlockers are advised to skip installing iOS 7 until the release of next jailbreak from the evad3rs team, as this will prevent the loss of favourite jailbreak apps and tweaks.
- It is a good time to uninstall unused apps as they consume and drain memory resources on the device.
- Jailbroken iOS devices will not be able to update via OTA, as this facility is broken by the installation of evasi0n tool. Hence, all such users need to update their iOS device manually via iTunes, using this guide.
When Will iOS 7 Final Release in Your Time Zone
Check out the screenshot below to know the exact time for iOS 7 release in your country or region:
How to Update iOS 7 Final Manually on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Download the correct iOS firmware for your device.
- Connect the device to computer via USB cable and wait until iTunes recognises the device.
- Click the device button to the left of iTunes Store button on the top right corner.
- Hold down the Shift key (Windows) or option key (Mac) and click Check for Update button under Summary pane.
- Browse and select the ipsw file you downloaded, and let the firmware installation begin.
- Do not disconnect your device until the update completes installing.
- Finally, if you have important data to be restored then restore the device via iTunes Backup and Restore function.
Your iOS device is now running iOS 7 Final successfully.
NOTE: Users can downgrade their iDevice from IOS 7 Gold Master or iOS 7 Final, by following our step-by-step guide: How to Downgrade iOS 7 GM to iOS 6.1.4 or iOS 6.1.3 via iTunes [GUIDE]
[Source: iPhone Hacks]