British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann will release a picture of a possible suspect in the case, according to reports.
Madeleine went missing from Praia da Luz in Portugal's Algarve in May 2007 when she was three.
The Metropolitan Police re-opened the investigation into her disappearance in July. Since then they have identified 41 people of interest in relation to Madeleine's disappearance and said phone records from the resort may be key to solving the case.
Sky News said Scotland Yard will release an e-fit of a man they believe is a suspect, but have not identified him nor where he fits into the "jigsaw" that they are piecing together in their investigation.
Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "I am told that there may be a number of e-fit images put out.
"They will be making an appeal for new witnesses to come forward if they recognise this man. Firstly, if they saw him, or somebody around the apartment six years ago, or indeed if they recognise him now. I am told it is a very detailed image of this man."
Metropolitan Police have neither confirmed or denied the claims, only disclosing that an update will be released on Monday 14 October.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "We are not prepared to discuss, comment or speculate on the content of the upcoming appeal in relation to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
"This has been weeks in the planning and each element of the investigation must be set into the overall context of the appeal. We will be asking for help from the public in a number of countries, delivered through a series of public appeals.
"We will do nothing to jeopardise the effectiveness of these appeals and we have repeatedly stated that media speculation can be damaging to our efforts.
"The MPS will release the relevant material at the relevant time."
A Crimewatch reconstruction containing "the most complete picture to date" of the events surrounding her disappearance will be broadcast on 14 October as part of the renewed investigation.
Madeleine's father, Gerry McCann, previously said he is "pleased" at the progress police have made since they re-opened the investigation into his daughter's disappearance.
He added: "As parents, we won't accept Madeleine is dead until we see clear evidence that that is the case.
"We've been very pleased with the work of the Metropolitan Police and their review and they've now moved into an investigation phase.
"We're confident the appeals will lead to new information and bring us a step closer to finding Madeleine and those responsible for taking her."
The Metropolitan Police has warned that there is still "much ground to cover" with regards to the investigation and a conclusion could still be a long way off.