Andrea Dovizioso put Team Ducati on top, clocking the fastest time in the second practice session of the 2016 Austria MotoGP at the Red Bull Ring. Maverick Vinales of Suzuki finished the first practice session in top spot.
Where to watch live
The third practice session starts at 8.45am BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the Grand Prix starts at1.10pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Team Ducati had a field day on 12 August, dominating the second free practice session on MotoGP's return to the Red Bull Ring in Austria. The Italian duo of Andre Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone were the stars, with Dovizioso finishing in first place, clocking 1:23.617s just marginally ahead of his teammate Iannone who finished with 1:23.855s.
Maverick Vinales of Suzuki who took the lead in the morning session during the first free practice session could not build on his momentum, eventually finishing third with a time of 1:24.471s. Seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi finished fourth while defending MotoGP champion Marc Marquez had a day to forget, clocking 1:25.039s and finding himself in 10th place.
Ducati would be worried by Iannone's rib injury that occurred while training during the summer break. While the rider has claimed his ribs had not troubled him, he did not look at ease while taking part in the free practice session. The Italian, however, is expected to take part in the race.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from Red Bull Ring:
1. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati Team 1m 23.617s
2. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati Team 1m 23.855s
3. Maverick Vinales (ESP) Team Suzuki Ecstar 1m 24.471s
4. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Movistar Yamaha 1m 24.483s
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR Honda 1m 24.688s
6. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Octo Pramac 1m 24.866s
7. Hector Barbera (ESP) Avintia Racing 1m 24.956s
8. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Movistar Yamaha 1m 24.988s
9. Michele Pirro (ITA) Team Ducati 1m 24.988s
10. Marc Marquez (ESP) Repsol Honda 1m 25.039s