Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi was the fastest in the qualifying session of the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix on 23 April. The Italian stormed to take his first pole position in almost a year for the fourth race of the current season that takes place on 24 April at the Circuit de Jerez.
Where to watch live
Live coverage of the race starts at 1pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates will be available on MotoGP's official website.
Seven-time champion Valentino Rossi showed the world that he has still got the drive in him, storming to secure pole position at the Circuit de Jerez. This is his first pole position at the Spanish GP since 2005 and his 62nd pole position across all of MotoGP's classes tying him with defending champion Jorge Lorenzo, who qualified in second place with a lap time of 1:38.858s.
Honda's Marc Marquez qualified in third place to complete is what seems to be a mouth-watering front row.
Top 10 qualifying results from Circuit de Jerez:
1. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:38.736s
2. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Yamaha 1:38.758s
3. Marc Marquez (SPA) Yamaha 1:38.891s
4. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:39.580s
5. Maverick Vinales (SPA) Suzuki 1:39.581s
6. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Suzuki 1:39.588s
7. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Honda 1:39.678s
8. Pol Espargaro (SPA) Yamaha 1:39.720s
9. Hector Barbera (SPA) Avintia 1:39.742s
10. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Honda 1:39.881s