There's some good news for buyers of Motorola's popular Moto 360 smartwatch-like Wearable device: A new update that promises a 'better battery life saving' mode has started seeding.
Detailing the latest update in its official blog post, Motorola states that the roll out will happen in phases.
Users of Moto 360 smartwatch are advised to check for the 'update notification' within their wearables, periodically. According to Motorola, the latest enhancement will require a 'clean installation'.
New enhancements that Moto 360 users can look forward to, in the latest update:
Motorola states that owners of the Moto 360 smartwatch can look for the below mentioned enhancements, on installing the update:
- Smart Battery Saving: Upon installation of Motorola's latest update, the device will automatically turn-off the ambient mode once the battery level reaches a dangerously low 15%. This is done without user intervention.
- User Interface Tweaks: A new gesture now lets users observe the full watch face without permanently dismissing a notification. To check out the new UI tweak, users can simply touch the top of a notification and swipe down. You'll see the notification again when you have another high priority notification.
- Timely Time Checks: This aspect promises better synchronisation with users' smartphones, and displays accurate timings, at any given juncture.
- Mood Lighting: Upon installation of the latest update, Moto 360 should automatically adjust to the lighting of a particular room, so that the outer lighting scheme on the smartwatch isn't too bright or too dark.
- Readying the wires for Bluetooth: Various under-the-hood enhancements are said to be offered by the update, and these are expected to pave the way for connecting Bluetooth headsets to the watch.
- Bug Squashing: Fixes to various known bugs are incorporated within the latest update.
Users of Moto 360 should see the update soon.
Where to pre-order Moto 360 in UK?
You can reserve your Moto 360 Smartwatch units on Amazon which has put a price tag of £199.99 on the device. The e-retailer is claiming it will deliver your pre-order bookings free of cost throughout the United Kingdom.
Click here to navigate to Amazon now, and pre-book your Moto 360 Smartwatch-like wearable.
Apart from Amazon, O2 is also taking pre-orders, and the Moto 360 has an identical price tag of £200. But, the Smartwatch is currently shown as being 'Out of Stock' at O2.
However, you can choose to reserve the gadget and be notified about the availability of newer stocks. Click here to navigate to O2 to reserve your Smartwatch now.
Another major UK e-retailer accepting pre-orders is Clove, which is currently offering limited stocks of Moto 360 at £199.9 (including VAT). Colour schemes offered are Grey and Black.
Click here to navigate to Clove now.
Key technical specifications and features of Moto 360 smartwatch
Motorola's Moto 360 incorporates a circular outer body design, and has a 1.5in LED touchscreen with a resolution of 320 x 290 pixels, and the entire display is enclosed within the Gorilla Glass 3 protective casing.
Moto 360 also provides health monitoring features -- the heart rate monitor and the built-in pedometer. These features allow users to monitor and track steps while walking/jogging.
The smartwatch is also water-resistant, and is claimed to survive in depths of up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes. There is also a built-in microphone for users to communicate with the device via voice commands.
Users of the device also get constant notifications via the 'Vibration Alerts' feature.
Besides, you can also use the smartwatch to wirelessly read text, respond to emails, check your flight status and obtain traffic updates even when on the go.
Moto 360 running Google's Android Wear operating platform is compatible with all Android smartphones running Android 4.3 and above versions.