Frankie and Benny's
The man found on fire was airlifted to hospital remains in a critical condition Press Association

A man has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after being found on fire outside a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Greater Manchester. Emergency services were called to reports of a man on fire in Sandbrook Retail Park in Rochdale at around 11.20am on 13 September.

Authorities discovered a 26-year-old male with severe burns from the waist down, including on his hands. He was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. Greater Manchester Police said inquiries are continuing into the incident.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at 11.19am and firefighters and officers were called to the restaurant. On arrival there had been a fire, but it was out by the time we got there."

Frankie and Benny's said the man was not a customer at the restaurant. A spokesperson added: "We can confirm that an incident occurred outside of our premises involving an external member of the public who was not a guest at the restaurant.

"Our team reacted quickly and involved the emergency services. This is now a police matter and it would therefore be inappropriate to comment further."