Samsung recently released Android 4.1.2 XXBLL5 Jelly Bean firmware for LTE version of Galaxy S3 (with model number I9305) users in Germany. The software update brings premium pack, which includes multi view and multi task. The XXBLL5 Jelly Bean firmware, which is compatible with a number of European countries, can be installed via OTA as well as through Samsung Kies.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, the UK
Galaxy S3 LTE users, who have already updated their devices with the Android 4.1.2 XXBLL5 Jelly Bean firmware, may follow the guide below to root the device using CF-Auto-Root file. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before proceeding users are advised to ensure the phone meets below mentioned requirements.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Ensure 80 percent battery charge.
4) Rooting the phone will void manufacturer's warranty and rooting process will also increase binary flash counter.
5) The root tutorial below only roots the phone. To install custom ROMs users need to flash custom recovery on the phone.
6) Ensure data backup
7) Verify the model number of the phones since this root file works only with LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 XXBLL5 Jelly Bean firmware.
Steps to Root Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 on Android 4.1.2 XXBLL5 Jelly Bean
1)Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy S3 I9305 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip file to get a file with .tar extension under the extracted folder
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Switch off the phone and place it in Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will appear on the screen, now press the Power button again to continue to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. If the device is connected to the computer successfully then COM Port with a number in Yellow will also appear
Note: If the Added message does not come, try another USB port. Reinstall the driver if this fails
6) In Odin click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file
7) Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will automatically restart and soon a Pass message with green background will arrive in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 XXBLL5 Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted. In order to ensure the aforementioned root method is installed and working properly, verify with an app called 'Root Checker' which is available for free download from Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]