MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni has lifted the lid on India's dramatic victory over Bangladesh Reuters

India captain MS Dhoni admitted he was trying to "manage chaos" at the end of his team's dramatic win against Bangladesh in the T20 World Cup. The tournament hosts pulled off a single-run victory over Bangladesh at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore after the Tigers lost three wickets off the last three balls of the match.

Dhoni's team held their nerve to keep alive their tournament hopes, but the captain subsequently confessed it was a frenetic atmosphere on the field. "In a situation like this, it's literally chaos. What you are trying to do is you're trying to manage chaos," he said, according to CricInfo.

Hardik Pandya was handed the responsibility of bowling the last over the innings, with Bangladesh needing 11 runs to win. India's hopes of victory appeared to evaporate when he conceded nine runs from the first three balls, but Dhoni felt the team managed to keep their composure under pressure.

"Everybody will come and he'll have his own opinion. Often the opinion of a batsman is very different to the opinion of a bowler," Dhoni said. "But what you have to do is you have to see what the strength of the batsman is who is batting at that point of time, how the wicket is behaving, whether there is some kind of reverse swing or no reverse swing on offer. All these things you need to calculate and I feel what really helps is you listen to all of them."

The captain said he worked in partnership with Pandya, who transpired to be India's hero in the dramatic game. "At the end of the day you push the bowler to bowl what you feel is good at that point of time," he said.

"If I am convinced that this is something I want to do, I will go ahead with it but definitely having an open mind at that point of time really helps because at times in situations like these under pressure, that's where the input of others comes in. But you have to assess everything and it has to happen in a very short span of time."