Whether it's using the company's coffee machine for free or exploiting the bar tab at the Christmas party, perks paid for by employers are always enjoyable. In fact, more than a third of people say benefits and perks are among the most important aspects of a job.
But some companies go a lot farther than just offering free cappuccinos and gym memberships. Did you know that Airbnb provide staff with a rather generous travel allowance? Or that Google pays for the food its staff eats at work?
Glassdoor has listed the most generous perks and benefits that companies pay out to their employees. IBTimes UK already reported that SABMiller gives out a beer allowance to its top executives and that the CEO of McDonald's can take the company's jet to go on holiday. But what companies hand out the most top perks to their normal staff?
1. Huddle gives employees a £5,000 joining bonus called a 'Huddle Cuddle', as well as a gift worth £500 every year.
2. TransferWise takes all staff members away on annual, all-expenses-paid company holidays.
3. Airbnb offers staff employees $2,000 (£1,413) to travel and see the world.
4. Skyscanner has negotiated employee discounts at the local pub and beauty salon.
5. The Body Shop pays for five volunteering days per year.
6. Peninsula Business Services lays on a Christmas party for employees' children.
7. AutoTrader UK has a wine club, giving employees discounted wine delivered to their door every month.
8. Jive Software offers staff free food including Bacon Thursday and Hot Food Friday, healthy snacks, free drinks including soft drinks, beers on tap and coffee.
9. Opus Professional Services has a villa in Italy that employees can use free of charge whenever they want.
10. Visualsoft offers unlimited holiday time and unmonitored flexitime, allowing staff to take the time off that they need.
11. CA Technologies helps parents out with an on-site Montessori daycare facility.
12. Rackspace offers employees an extra day off for their birthday.
13. Allen & Overy provides a GP and dentist on-site, helping to keep employees' health in tip-top condition.
14. Pentland Brands provides an on-site swimming pool, gym, tennis court and football pitch.
15. ARM Holdings offers employees a 4-week sabbatical for every 4 years of service.
16. ASOS employees benefit from a 40% discount on website purchases.
17. Swinton Insurance gives employees an additional day's holiday for Christmas shopping.
18. Google provides employees with free food while they are at work, with a range of different cuisines on offer.
19. Jagex offers staff free bicycle repairs at the office, encouraging them to cycle to work and keep fit.
20. Holiday Extras hires out a cinema every year and offers a free film showing to all employees and their families.