Online marketplace eBay has become the latest retailer to kick off its Black Friday campaign, by launching a 13-day shopping bonanza on Thursday (17 November).
While Black Friday, the annual retail craze which sees customers desperately try to secure a bargain, does not officially get underway until Friday 25 November, a number of retailers have opted to extend discounts this year.
Amazon kicked off the sales extravaganza on 14 November, while Argos and Tesco will launch their sales campaigns seven and four days before 25 November respectively and eBay's offer will last until 29 November, which the company has already renamed Giving Tuesday.
"Last year consumers spent in excess of £3bn during Black Friday weekend, a sizable chunk of the nation's Christmas shopping budget," said Murray Lambell, senior director of trading at eBay UK.
"Consumers are now looking for much more than tech deals. That's why we are championing sellers from fashion and home and garden, as well as tech, so shoppers can enjoy unbeatable variety and choice."
Below are the best deals of the day available on eBay.
2. Samsung 40" HD Smart LED TV Built-in Freeview: £269.99
3. Lenovo Ideapad 300 15.6" Laptop: £239.99
4. Dyson Cinetic DC54 Animal Cylinder Vacuum (Refurbished - 2 Year Guarantee): £206.99
5. Men's Adidas Originals Zx Flux trainers: £42.29
7. 6-Axis 3D Nano Mini Drone Helicopter: £9.99