An Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware - N7105XXDLL1 - is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE. The update brings additions in Notification toggles, a customised Notification panel, a smoother browser, a new Ink effect on the lock-screen and a new Group Cast app. In addition, the multi-view can now be disabled and the Status bar has been changed from grey to black.
N7105XXDLL1 Firmware Details:
- PDA: N7105XXDLL1
- CSC: N7105TLADLL1
- Version: 4.1.2
Note 2 (LTE) users interested in a manual update may follow this guide. Remember this is an official Jelly Bean build, which means the device will lose root after installation. Also check to see if all necessary and appropriate drivers have been installed. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
To Install N7105XXDLL1 (Jelly Bean) Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Download Android 4.1.2 N7105XXDLL1 to the PC and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch the device off and boot the device in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons until the Samsung logo or red and yellow text appears on the screen)
- Open Odin and connect the device to the PC, while in Download mode
- If the device has been connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose the files that you have to flash on the device
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on the Start button and installation will now begin
After installation, the device will restart automatically. Once the Home screen appears disconnect the device from the PC. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (LTE) should now be updated to Android 4.1.2 XXDLL1 software. To verify, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]